WELCOME TO NCAGT
The North Carolina Association for the Gifted and Talented (NCAGT) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the educational and social-emotional needs of academically and/or intellectually gifted students. Specifically, the Association seeks to:
- Increase public knowledge about the nature and needs of the academically / intellectually gifted,
- Assess public policy and work to establish and maintain those policies that benefit the education of the gifted,
- Enhance collaborative efforts between stakeholders in gifted education,
- Examine “best practices” revealed in current research and increase the relevancy and utilization of these practices to guide implementation of gifted programs,
- Support personnel preparation and professional growth among those working with gifted students, and
- Encourage action research and other initiatives that benefit gifted students.