NCAGT Online Membership Application
We’re Making a Difference, Won’t You Join Us?
Those who join the North Carolina Association for the Gifted and Talented (NCAGT) are committed to helping our organization fulfill established goals. These individuals also seek the opportunity to network and collaborate with others with similar passions and concerns regarding gifted students. Through its members, the NCAGT is able to
- Increase public knowledge about the nature and needs of the academically/intellectually gifted,
- Assess public policy and work to establish and maintain those policies that benefit the education of the gifted,
- Increase collaborative efforts between stakeholders in gifted education,
- Examine “best practices” revealed in current research and increase the relevancy and utilization of these practices to guide implementation of gifted programs,
- Support personnel preparation and professional growth among those working with gifted students, and
- Encourage action research and other initiatives that benefit gifted students.
Any school within a school district is eligible. The School Sponsored Membership includes FOUR individual memberships within a single school (1 administrator and 3 teachers). Benefits include receipt of the Association’s newsletter, voting privileges, and the right to hold office (for the above four designees). In addition, ALL teachers and staff within the member school are eligible to receive membership rates for the annual conference.